I have about a 45-minute commute to my internship. In the mornings, I listen to any podcast that enhances my learning (like the ones below). In the afternoon, I listen to music or fun podcasts to unwind. Here are some podcasts that I have found and some that have been suggested to me. In no particular order:
- THE ADULT CHAIR – The host is a therapist who shares about mental health issues and even tells stories of helping clients in sessions. She also has guided meditations.
- NASW SOCIAL WORK TALKS – I haven’t listened to this one yet, but it is from the National Association of Social Workers and focuses on important social work topics and general mental health topics.
- SOCIAL WORK PODCAST – They haven’t put anything new for a while, but many of the podcasts are worth multiple listens.
- LATINX PODCAST – Again, they have not posted anything new in a while, but they talk mental health in English and Spanish. I like to boost my mental health Spanish with this one.
- THE SOCIAL WORK TUTOR PODCAST – I have not listened to this one yet… but reviews are great.
- INSOCIALWORK – THE PODCAST SERIES OF THE UNIVERSITY AT BUFFALO SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK – I have not listened to this one, but it looks like they interview many social work professionals!
- ANXIETY SLAYER – As the name states, they focus on anxiety. They talk about anxiety and have a few guided meditations.
- EMOCIONES IN HARMONY – Another Spanish/English podcast, but I have not listened to this one yet! The host has a PhD in Clinical Psychology. She responds to mental health topics and questions.
- SOCIAL WORK CONVERSATIONS – from the University of Kentucky College of Social Work. I have not listened to this one, but it also looks like they interview social work professionals!
- THE SOCIAL WORK STORIES PODCAST – Just as it sounds, they have social workers tell stories on their work. I have only listened to part of one, but check it out!
Extra Self Help Podcasts
Some self-help type podcasts I have learned some good things from: (1) On Purpose with Jay Shetty, (2) Hurry Slowly, (3) Ten Percent Happier, and (4) The Jim Fortin Podcast
I am not paid by any of these podcasts. Some podcasts I like a lot. Some I am unsure of. See which ones you like!
Do you have any podcast suggestions? Please comment and let me know! Follow @eagersocialworker on Instagram for post updates!
Check out part 2! (Click here)
Also, I have been listening to the “DBT Weekly” podcast! I found it on the Apple Podcasts app.